Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Journey On relaxation exercise

After experiencing the journey on relaxation exercise, I felt so much more relaxed than I did before. The simple act of focusing your thought on your blood flow to a certain part of your body can really help to reduce muscle tension. For someone still somewhat new to meditation it does take me a few minutes to actually focus, but once your into it your mind totally surrenders to the words being sad. Before trying different meditation techniques, I assumed it would make you tired and sleepy. Now that I have a bit more practice I notice that it actually reenergizes me after it is done. This is definitely something you can do in the morning before preparing for your day!

http://www.kushs.net/kaplan/HW420/JourneyOn.mp3

4 comments:

  1. Taunie,

    I am glad to hear about your successful meditation session. I too thought that meditation would make one sleepy but was mistaken. I always feel awake and relaxed when I am done meditating. I hope that you are able to apply this courses meditation practices to your future self. I know that I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taunie,

    I was also surprised that I wasn't tired after the relaxation exercise. Have you tried meditating alone previously? I think that without the meditation being guided I would have been unable to focus on my own. I agree with you that as a novice to meditating focusing was the hardest part for me. Hopefully we will do more of this type of exercise because it was really interesting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taunie, the Calm website is one of my go to places when I need to take a couple minutes out of my day to relax, http://www.calm.com/ . It provides visual and audio devices to help one relax or meditate. I also like this website because they have a phone app so I can relax whenever I feel frustrated. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Taunie, I loved the meditation exercise as well. I am a very visual person and love the different colors and what they represented. I frequently use a similar exercise with my clients. I am excited to try out the different colors sometime soon

    ReplyDelete