Sunday, June 1, 2014

My personal level of wellness

Take a moment to reflect on your own level of wellness; physically, psychologically, and spiritually

Hello everyone! After taking a few minutes to reflect on my personal wellness, it definitely causes you to have to be real with yourself.

  1. Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?
- I would rate my physical well-being as about a 5. I have started working on my physical appearance, but also learning how to balance my work, school, and making sure I actually get to do some sort of exercise each day. Although I do move a lot at work, I still want to reach goals of not only having the body that I know I can get but also feeling like I am comfortable in my own skin. 
-I would rate my spiritual well-being as about a 7. I have found myself being a lot more interested in meditation, and prayer lately. I find it comforting to be able to take a few minutes for myself to collect my thoughts, and just simply relax fully. I find it also helps me at work when I feel myself starting to get frustrated or going into work overload. 
-Then I would rate my psychological well-being as about a 7 or 8. I think I am pretty well balanced when it comes to my thoughts. I can easily think out a plan in my head and how to get it done to keep myself on track to things. It's just getting myself to follow through that I need to work on.

        2.Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological).

-Physical: I am going to do a weekly goal to start off small so that I do not make it hard for myself to not get to this goal. My goal for this week with my physical well-being is to do some form of physical activity each day for at least an hour. No matter what it is I need to be moving! 
-Spiritual: each day this week take at least 15 minutes in the mornings and evenings to meditate 
-Psychological: I think the spiritual goes with this as well, but also my goal is to find something that I can do that will keep my mind focused on making not only these goals but also over goals I have set for myself. 

        3.What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?

- I seriously want to get back into running. I used to love to run long distances, it not only kept me in shape but it also helped me to clear my head. I am just struggling with getting the motivation back to start up. My goal for this week is to start slow, and job a mile each day this week. ( I will keep you posted on how that goes!) 

       4.Complete the relaxation exercise The Crime of the Century. To hear this exercise, click here. Describe your experience. (What it beneficial? Frustrating? etc.)

-I actually enjoyed this experience with the exercise. I liked the fact that it is broken up into several different body regions, and describes each as separate parts working as a whole. I will definitely be using this one again! I am finding that the more I practice these exercises the more focused I become, and the easier I can relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment