Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Unit 4

  1. Describe your experience. Did you find it beneficial? Difficult? Why or why not? Would you recommend this to others? Why or why not?
-I think that the loving-kindness exercise was one of my favorites that we have done so far. I liked the fact that they instruct you to think of something you love, and focus on it. This automatically makes me think of my family, and those closest to me. It instantly relaxed me. I think it was beneficial, because it puts your mind into prospective to focus on the things that are most important to you. I would recommend this exercise to others without a doubt, because it gives you a moment to think about your loved ones, or things you love instead of just focusing on yourself. 
  1. What is the concept of "mental workout"? What does the research indicate are the proven benefits of a mental workout? How can you implement mental workouts to foster your psychological health?
-A mental workout is something that causes your mind to think, or "workout". A lot of us take the time to exercise our  bodies, but in order to gain wholeness and psychospiritual health we must exercise our brains. Stimulating our minds everyday is key. You can implement mental workouts to your daily routine, by simply including in your everyday routine. Taking the time to read a chapter from a book, or solving some math problems online, or even writing in your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment