Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Unit 7


  1. Complete the Meeting Aesclepius mp3 (located in the Doc Sharing area). Describe your meditative practices for the week and discuss the experience. Explain how mindfulness or meditation has fostered an increase in your psychological or spiritual wellness. How can you continue to apply these practices in your life to foster greater health and wellness?
-My meditative practices for the week have actually gone pretty well. I have been sticking to taking some time out of my day to meditate even if it is just for a short time. Needless to say this week has been going well so far. I think that meditation has increased my psychological and spiritual wellness over the course of this term by giving me the insight to really take the time to focus on things other than problems or chaos of my life. I want to continue to practice meditation even after this class, because I have already started to notice changes just in my ways of thinking. 

  1. Describe the saying: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" (p.477). How does this apply to the health and wellness professional? Do you have an obligation to your clients to be developing your health psychologically, physically, and spiritually? Why or why not? How can you implement psychological and spiritual growth in your personal life?
-I think this saying means that one cannot teach someone else about working towards wellness if they have not already started or completed this journey themselves. No one is perfect, but if you have started your journey then others can follow your lead into making the change themselves. I think this applies to a health and wellness professional in every way, because no one is going to want to get help from someone who is basically a hypocrite. That's like someone going to someone who is telling you that you need to lose weight, but they are overweight themselves. I think that I have an obligation to my clients to be as healthy as I can be, so that they know they can do it too. Personally, I want to work with those who struggle with weight issues. I want to be able to show them that anything is possible, and be able to be an example of that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment